County Council Highlights - June 6
By County of Lambton
Wyoming, ON – At its regular meeting Wednesday, June 6, 2018, Lambton County Council:
- Heard a presentation from Mr. Sandy Marshall of Bioindustrial Innovation Canada on the organization's recent plans and activities.
- Heard a presentation from Dr. Sudit Ranade, Medical Officer of Health regarding Mental Health in Lambton County.
- Heard a presentation from Ms. Margaret Bird of Sarnia regarding electronic balloting for the upcoming municipal elections.
- Received a Notice of Motion for its July 4, 2018 meeting from Councillor Bradley requesting Council recommend to the Ministry of Municipal Affairs legislative amendments to require that 21 days' notice be given and a statutory public meeting held before a municipal council can consider changing the voting method(s) it uses to conduct a municipal election.
- Directed staff to refer the County's Integrity Commissioner to the five member municipalities whom have expressed interests in its services.
- Approved By-Laws to appoint Mr. Philip Kerrigan and Mr. Simon Kola as Building Inspectors for the County of Lambton.
- Directed staff to utilize the one-time funding of $80,000 from Bluewater Health to continue the Community Paramedicine Pilot program until September 17, 2018 and continue working with stakeholders to secure 100% permanent base funding in the amount of $225,000 to cover its annual shortfall.
- Endorsed the seven principles of the Perth Charter for Mental Health Protection and supported efforts to promote and sustain the mental wellbeing of Lambton County staff.
- Directed staff to discontinue repairs to the current Lambton County Library Bookmobile vehicle and use a cargo van for the balance of 2018. Staff was directed to continue efforts to develop an outreach service model that incorporates the use of a vehicle to deliver a variety of library services. Council further directed that the consideration of a new vehicle purchase be included in 2019 budget submissions.
- Supported the Intelligent Sarnia-Lambton Task Force in the creation of a Sarnia-Lambton Intelligent Community Strategic Plan.
- Congratulated Margaret Roushorne, General Manager, Social Services on her 25 years of service and accomplishments with the County of Lambton as well as on her pending retirement.
- Noted that Council will next meet in Open Session Wednesday, July 4, 2018.
This article was posted Wednesday, June 6, 2018 3:11 PM
- [ 112.0 KB ]County Council June 6
What is PDF? PDF stands for Portable Document Format and is a way of distributing documents over networks while ensuring they always print the same. To view PDF files, you need either the Foxit Reader or Adobe Reader