About Business Licencing
Business Licenses are issued by the Customer Service Department, 1st Floor, City Hall.
Cash, cheque, credit card, and debit are accepted.
Applying for a Business Licence:
- If you are applying for or renewing a Business Licence, please email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All initial Business Licence Applications require the signature of the City of Sarnia Planning and Building Department, the City of Sarnia Fire Department and the County of Lambton Community Health Services Department.
- Prior to making application, please contact the Planning Department at 519-332-0330 extension 3344 or visit their office at City Hall, 3rd Floor, to ensure that your proposed business complies with the City of Sarnia Zoning By-Law Regulations.
- The Fire Department may be required to inspect your premises prior to obtaining your City of Sarnia Business Licence. Please contact a Fire Inspector at 519-332-0330 extension 4304.
- The County of Lambton Community Health Services Department may be required to inspect your premises prior to obtaining your licence. Please contact them at 519-383-8331.
- Upon receipt of all necessary approvals, the Business Licence will be issued to you.
|Adult Live Entertainment Parlour *||$305|
|Adult Video Store||$230||$165||$25|
|Bed and Breakfast||$155||$110||$25|
|Body Piercing/Scarring/Tattoo Parlour||$205||$135||$25|
|Body-Rub Parlour - Owner/Operator *||$500|
|Body-Rub Parlour - Attendant *||$150|
|Circus or Midway||$460|
|Dog Kennel/Commercial Cattery||$400||$150||$25|
|Refreshment Vehicle - City Parks||$360|
|Refreshment Vehicle - Non-Motorized||$250|
|Refreshment Vehicle - Other (Private Property)||$460|
|Rooming and Boarding House||$235||$170||$25|
|Seasonal - 3 Months||$310|
|Daily - 3 Consecutive Days||$160|
|Seasonal - 2 Months||$550|
|Seasonal - 3 Months||$810|
|Daily - 3 Consecutive Days||$510|
* To request a copy of the Adult Live Entertainment Parlour or Body-Rub Parlour Applications please contact the Customer Service Department at 519-332-0330 Extension 3350 or email email@example.com. For additional information on the licencing and regulations for a Body-Rub Parlour, please refer to the Body-Rub Parlour By-Law or contact Customer Service at 519-332-0330 Extension 3350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information on the licencing and regulations of the above noted business, please refer to the Business Licencing By-Law or contact Customer Service at 519-332-0330 Extension 3350 or e-mail email@example.com.
This page was reviewed or revised on Monday, December 24, 2018 11:54 AM