Cull Drain Pedestrian Bridge
The Cull Drain Pedestrian Bridge project has been underway for the past couple of years. A brief history of proceedings is found under the Background below. A Council meeting was held on June 30, 2014 to provide an update on engineering reports and heritage evaluations as well as the outcome of the public meeting on June 4, 2014. The June 30th report also advised of two significant connecting link issues relating to Cull Drain Bridge, including the Old Lakeshore Road public right-of-way and easement agreements needed with private property owners to allow for a connecting link to Lambert Road. The intent was to report back in the Fall to Council.
However, the outcome of a structural engineer inspection on the Cull Drain Bridge done on July 31st, 2014 as part of the routine bridge inspection conducted by the City indicates that the bridge is in an advanced state of deterioration and needs to be removed. The engineer's report is posted below.
At the special meeting of Council held on August 7, 2014, Council considered the engineer's report and recommendation. Staff were directed to report back to Council as soon as possible on demolition costs which would include various options.
At it's meeting to be held on September 8, 2014, Council considered these options and accepted the offer from Cope Construction to remove, demolish, and dispose of the Cull Drain Bridge, while salvaging and relocating the trusses to Mike Weir Park for possible future preservation works. Further information can be found in the Council reports uploaded onto this webpage.
- [ 3.33 MB ]September 2, 2014 - Cull Drain Bridge Report
- [ 897.2 KB ]August 5, 2014 - Cull Drain Bridge Report
- [ 126.7 KB ]Cull Drain Bridge - Important Community Notice
- [ 49.0 KB ]Engineered Management Systems Inc. Report - ADDENDUM
- [ 908.1 KB ]Engineered Management Systems Inc. Report - July 31, 2014
- [ 122.1 KB ]June 30, 2014 Council Report - Cull Drain Bridge
- [ 101.9 KB ]Attachment 1: MIG Engineering Report
- [ 880.4 KB ]Attachment 2: BM Ross and Associates Report
- [ 4.68 MB ]Attachment 3: Old Lakeshore Road ROW
- [ 212.1 KB ]Attachment 4: Report to Council Dated April 11, 2006 - From the Director of Community Services
- [ 34.3 KB ]May 5, 2014 Cull Drain Bridge Status Report
What is PDF? PDF stands for Portable Document Format and is a way of distributing documents over networks while ensuring they always print the same. To view PDF files, you need either the Foxit Reader or Adobe Reader
This page was reviewed or revised on Monday, April 11, 2016 9:37 AM